We explore the festivals and customs of the six major world religions - but our approach devotes significant lesson time to questioning and discusson.
Our pupils use their own experience and understanding to build on knowledge gained during previous school years. Parents sometimes volunteer to come into school to talk about their religion in visits that can involve dressing up or eating special food.
We challenge stereotypes and explore ethical and moral issues, fostering an atmosphere of tolerance and respect. Our girls and boys develop individual and informed ideas, which they share - and defend - with confidence.
Find out what we cover in each year:
- Christian festivals and places of worship
- The teaching and miracles of Jesus
- Old Testament writings (Hebrew)
- Different creation stories
- Old Testament and New Testament stories
- Judaism - life and worship
- Rites of passage in different religions
- People of faith, courage and commitment
Old Testament writings (Hebrew)
Different creation stories
Old Testament and New Testament stories