Take a handful of curiosity and enthusiasm, pour over creativity and thinking skills, season generously with sport, music, drama and a host of other activities, blend it with firm friendships and a dash of guidance and you have the perfect recipe.
Our Junior School is a happy, buzzy place, which brings together pupils (boys have now joined our girls in Year 3 from September 2014) from all kinds of backgrounds in a close community. They have had varied educational experiences, both in Britain and around the world, so what you already know matters less than what you can learn.
'Every day is different – when I arrive, I wonder what I'll do today'
Whenever children join us, they quickly feel at home here, whether they arrive in Year 3 or Year 6 – and their horizons expand rapidly to take in science, new languages, a range of sports, musical instruments, drama, charity fund-raising and the closest of friendships. Since they automatically qualify for the senior school, these often strengthen into adulthood, as they grow up together.
This is a place where habits are formed for life – resilience, persistence, questioning and decisiveness among them. As preparation for an uncertain world, we want to make sure our pupils have more than just knowledge. An ability to think around problems and opportunities, make original connections and take carefully evaluated risks gives them a set of skills and habits that enable them to respond positively in the face of change and reach their potential.
In short, we teach them to think outside the traditional box of conventional education.
- Antarctica - a Year 4 experienceYear 4 have been studying the polar regions this term.
- Year 6 visit to Bletchley ParkYear 6 became code breakers for the day. Read the article to find out what they thought of it.
- Bedfordia AchievementsThe Stephen Perse Foundation sent three teams of cross country runners to the annual Bedfordia Cross Country event which was held at Lincroft School.
- Year 6 Photography ClubRead about what the Photography Club have been getting up to.
- Junior School Christmas ConcertWe enjoyed a thoroughly exciting concert this year!
Open Morning 2016
Saturday 1 October: Junior School, 9.30 - 12.30pm
Learning with a difference - William Shakespeare
Our programme of visiting speakers brings in individuals and groups to share fascinating careers/life stories , inspiring students, parents and alumni to think differently.